Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Everyday 'Jacks

Funny, but I remember scrapping our pancake routine about 8 or 9 year ago! Kevin was standing on a chair by the counter, lending his expertise ;), perhaps participating in the mixing, and I snapped a few pictures. At the time pancakes were not the everyday. Now they are. "Everyday 'Jacks" as in flapjacks, pancakes, golden brown orbs soaked in maple syrup...and sprinkled with chocolate chips. Yep, gotta have the chocolate.

It's always been like this. Once Kevin discovers a favorite breakfast food, he eats it Every. Single. Day. until he tires of it, and then it's on to the next big thing. It's been pancakes for a few years now! It makes our breakfast routine pretty snappy without the indecision and "waffling" back and forth about what to eat. Hahaha...get it? Waffling?! Aunt Jemima complete makes it super easy, as I never have to worry about running out of eggs, and I keep an extra box of mix in the pantry at all times since we go through them so quickly!

It was a no-brainer that I chose October Afternoon's Saturday Mornings papers for this layout, with its many references to morning, breakfast, and of course, pancakes. Great colors and perfect accents!


I had all intentions of using chipboard letters for the second part of my title, but after I matted the pancake-imaged patterned paper on brown chevron paper and trimmed the sides, I had these little brown "sticks" that wanted to stay on the page. I cut more and formed letters! Kinda quirky, kinda fun.


After layering all my papers and photos, I tucked in a couple of journaling cards, and topped them off with stickers, enamel dots, and flair. Order up!  This page is done!


I think my next use for this collection will be to document our current binge watch obsession. Kevin, my two girls and I sit down together to watch Parenthood on Netflix. None of us had ever seen the show, but after all the hoop-la about it's final season, we decided to give it a try, and love it. All but the last season is available, so if we take our time, maybe we can get caught up before Netflix releases those final episodes. Oh, the drama!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your title made from the "sticks". Really cute page!!

Anonymous said...

Such a fun layout, Madeline, love your title!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super fun page, Madeline! Loving your title work!