Friday, January 30, 2015

Hello Summer

Yes, I WISH it was summer already. After a few pretty nice days, we're getting ready to have another cold snap around here. Of course "cold" is a quite relative thing. Southerners like myself shiver when it dips below 50 degrees. Bring back the hot muggy days of summer and I promise not to complain. Meanwhile I have a summer-themed scrapbook page to share, based on the following sketch by Susan Stringfellow:



Yesterday was Sketchy Thursday on the Scraptastic blog and this was my contribution to the effort:


Thanks to a loaded sticker sheet from Bo-Bunny, I was able to list all the activities that kept us most busy and amused during the summer months, in circular formation around the page. 



Scraptastic's Sweater Weather kit and add-on were used exlusively on this layout, setting aside the wintery embellishments of course. Stars take the place of snowflakes!


A thick banner was the perfect spot on which to journal about our summer activities. "There was never an 'I'm bored', just an 'I'm hungry'!" That about sums it up!


 Hello Summer...I can't wait to say those words and have you back! ;)

For more interpretations of this sketch, see this week's Sketchy Thursday blog post!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. Super layout!! :o)

Unknown said...

Madeline, I love the details you added with the stars! Love your summer take on the winter sketch!