Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cookie Exchange!

You wouldn't believe how quickly this page came together, how quickly it HAD to come together!

I had finally finished all my "work" work last Thursday night, and I could finally dig into my December Scraptastic kit. A few photos to be scrapped were culled from my photo stash; others were hurriedly printed at Sam's. At last, Friday afternoon was my chance to create! With a Pinterest Monday post scheduled for the Scraptastic blog, I had to get busy. The pin was chosen, the basic idea sketched out, it seemed doable. All Friday evening, I worked and got it done! Go me! 

Then I realized. I was working on the wrong project!!! The Pinterest post wasn't due for another two weeks. My next project was due on Sunday! It was crunch time, and Saturday was reserved for a run to pick up my son from college (about 10 hours round trip), and a Christmas/birthday party that night.

To the rescue...an old favorite, the grid design, simplified by dividing the page into quadrants. I picked out a couple of favorite papers, favorite kit embellishments and got it done again. 


Papers, doily, and Thickers are from Scraptastic's It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year kit. Tags and stickers are from the add-on. Twine and Liquid Pearls are from my stash. I love how the dimensional paint highlighted those berries:



Sampler-like, rows of candy cane and Christmas tree stickers fill in the space below each photo:



The largest quadrant on the page was reserved for a wordy title, made possible by the many lettering options that are included with kit and add-on:


When our "new" neighbors moved in across the street a few years ago, they brought with them a fabulous tradition...a neighborhood cookie exchange. We all look forward to gathering together, sharing goodies (and recipes), and catching up on the neighborhood gossip. So fun.

Whew! I still can't believe I got this done. I guess it goes to show you how easy it is to create with such a well-coordinated kit.

And the good news...that Pinterest Monday thing is in the bag. ;)

3 comments:

Mary Jo said...

I really like how you used the tags, layering and title work.
Makes for a fun page!!

jacque4u2c said...

I agree the use of the tags really make this layout pop! Great job!

Unknown said...

Really fantastic layer with a great mix of fonts.