Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Lights

Every once in a blue moon, I'll do a pocket page. It's a quick and easy way to organize a lot of photos  and yet still do that embellishing thing that I love so much! These pages were created with Scraptastic's It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year kit and add-on:


I found the contrast of dark and light papers to be in tune with my photos, and love how the black doily shows off the glittery white tree on the page above.

Below I used a some of the many stickers from the kit to dress up my page, arranging several to form a tree and embellish the journaling card.


My absolute favorite from the kit are the string of lights wood veneer pieces! Here I used perfect pearls to create colorful bulbs:


The light display in the above photos has become incredibly popular with long, slow-moving lines stretching miles (and hours) at times. We plan on bringing my dad to see them this week. I'm hoping the after Christmas wait will be much less than the before!

1 comment:

Tanya Ham said...

Oh how wonderful! We didn't go see lights at all this year, and I really missed it. I love how you pulled everything together in the pockets so nicely!