Friday, November 21, 2014

Sunday Best

The following was shared on the Scraptastic blog yesterday, featuring a collection from the Scraptastic Store:

Flipping through the patterned papers of Maggie Holmes' Open Book collection for Crate Paper, one of the patterns caught my eye and actually had me do a double-take. It resembled the wallpaper that I remember from my grandmother's house! Although I didn't end up using that particular pattern on my layout, the scenario is what prompted me to scrap the picture below. My grandparents, mom, and her siblings were posing for a rare portrait next to their home, all decked out in their finest clothes...their Sunday Best:


A smattering of mist in aqua and yellow dresses up the white cardstock background paper. Various patterns are layered beneath the photo and their predominant colors (aqua, pink and yellow) are echoed by the vellum accents layered along the left hand side of the page.


Fabric brads from the Open Book collection complete the little cluster below:


Sheer letters, leftovers from an older Scraptastic kit, are paired with sparkly Thickers for the title:


SUPPLIES: Patterned Paper (Maggie Holmes Open Book-Chapters Paper, Years Paper, 3x5 Paper, Memoir Paper, Clippings Paper), Stickers (Maggie Holmes Open Book Chipboard Stickers), Brads (Maggie Holmes Open Book Fabric Brads), Vellum Ephemera, Thickers, sequins, mini-pearls, and mist.

I love when pretty papers can bring to life a black and white photo from long ago! 

2 comments:

Bi Medeiros said...

This LO is super cute, a great photo to cherish!!

Mary Jo said...

Oh I love this! It all comes together perfectly! :)