Monday, November 3, 2014

It's A Wonderful Life

Today I'm sharing a final layout with the Heart It Races kit from Scraptastic. It features several die-cuts from Chickaniddy Crafts, and was inspired by a pin from Pinterest. 

First the layout:


Then the pin:


As you can see, my interpretation includes several rows of handstitching (with the aid of an Amy Tangerine template). Cross-stitch, zig-zag, and straight lines of stitching are interspersed with rows of patterned paper. The title occupies its very own row, stretching from one end of the page to the other.


The bottom-most strip of paper boasts uneven scallops, cut free-hand from one of the papers,


while the little cluster of die-cuts highlights a favorite photo:


And there's another one of those fox embellishments! So cool that they are trending right now! 

Speaking of which, I was in K-mart picking up some household supplies, when I wandered over to the clothing section and found a cute fox print blouse-long sleeve, button down, 100% cotton...my kind of comfortable! I would have bought it if they had my size! Yep, I'm loving the popularity of foxes. ;)




3 comments:

Bonjourscrap said...

Lovely layout. I like the pop of colors on white with the stripes !

Dictionary said...

Love the layout, those colors are wonderful and too funny on your Kmart story.

Mary Jo said...

How fun about the fox print shirt! :)
And great interpretation of the inspiration!!