Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Delectable Die-cuts

It's hump day! Do you have any middle of the week scrapping plans? Hopefully I can inspire you to pull out some papers (and die-cuts) and create.

The die-cut words and phrases included in my recent scrapbooking kits are fun and easy to use. Tucked in here or there, embellished or not, they add great sentiments to cards and layouts. Today I'm sharing a page created with the May kit, Destinations Unknown, and featuring two Scraptastic die-cuts. "Noted..." from the current kit is tucked in among the flags below the picture. At the bottom of the page is the phrase "Love This Life", a die-cut from a previous month's kit, paired with a playful heart-embellished word bubble.


A paper chain of people, cut with my die-cutting machine (but easily doable by hand; google it!), is layered over a chevron "wave". The chevron stamp was a part of last month's Awake My Soul stamp set.


My love for bountiful banners continues, and I had way too much fun making this one. Most of the patterns from which the various flags were cut from only 2 sheets of paper, all chopped up of course! 


I really enjoy all the die-cut pieces (words, phrases and icons) included in Scraptastic kits. They are some of the most versatile embellishments around!

8 comments:

Kimberly Kett said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love those layered banners!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a perfect layout - love the banner going across! awesome

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Oh, Madeline, this is so, so pretty! I love the soft colors with that sweet photo and the pretty banners too!

linda said...

beautiful layout! I'm a sucker for all the banners as well... I find it easy to do, but so darn cute!

LB whosthischick said...

absolutely love the banners...wonderful die cuts.

Silje said...

Beautiful layout!
Love all the layered banners : D

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the banner so pretty :)

Unknown said...

Those little people die cut is adorable, love that! The colors look beautiful and so does that banner.