Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Muddy Mississippi

Although I've lived all my life near the Mississippi River, I doubt I've ever actually felt the water. We've walked on the levee, crossed bridges from one bank to the next hundreds of times, but I've never thought about touching it. This summer, after a day playing tourist in the French Quarter of New Orleans with my mom, sisters, and some of our kids, we walked over to the river and spent a few minutes watching the ship traffic. The three little cousins were determined to do more. After carefully picking their way down the rocks, one of the three leaned over and dipped a hand in the water. The second one followed suit. And the third. Mission accomplished.


The graphic paper of Fancy Pants' Be You collection had the perfect phrases for my page. "Live In The Moment" Check. "Laugh Often" Check. "Be Silly" Check. "Always Try New Things." Check, check, and check. And hey, I certainly tried out a new graphic style for this page!


Check out the exclusive Ormulu flair that was created for this month's Scraptastic Club kit, Everyday Is Like Sunday. I love, love, love it!


4 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Such a fun way to do a page! Love the newsprint look

Tracy said...

Your layout is very lovely :)
I love that photo of the kids.

Tanya Ham said...

Gorgeous page! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love your title work and journaling on here!