Wednesday, January 27, 2010

His Bucket List

Kevin: "Mom, do you know what I want to do?"
Me: "No. What do you want to do Kevin?"
Kevin: "I want to go through a car wash."
Me: "A car wash?"
Kevin: "Yeah, I've never been through one."
Me: [shocked silence]

How did that happen? In all his life, we have never taken him through a car wash!? Some kids yearn to see a professional football, basketball, or baseball game. Others desire the newest video game or gaming system. Others still will plead for tickets to see their favorite music star in concert. And what does Kevin want? To experience a car wash!

I remember when Laura was little, going through the "Big Bird car wash" was a favorite activity. (She named it after the lovable Sesame Street character whose feathers reminded her of the big plumes of cloth that whirled and scrubbed the car clean.)

So we did it. Julie's car had been showered with dirt when she parked in an area that was undergoing construction. It was in bad need of a bath. I grabbed my camera for this momentous occasion:







Looks like the ELMO Car Wash to me!

6 comments:

Susan Stringfellow said...

Omgosh - I can not wait to see the Elmo Car Wash layout! and how could you deprive such a cute boy!

Unknown said...

That's is great. My four year old is FREAKING TERRIFIED of the car wash. We pull into the car wash lane and he begins to WAIL. Not cry, not whine - SCREAM. As you can imagine, I do not wash my car frequently.

Andrea Amu said...

Elmo car wash... too funny! :)

Petunia said...

Omg--Lil Petunia used to ask me to go through the car wash all the time when she was about 4-5. She thought it was the coolest thing. How have you never taken him through one??? haha!

A Little Time said...

Oh how fun! I can remember going through the car wash when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite things to do. I wonder if I've taken my kids through one?? Thanks for the memories!

A Little Time said...

Oh how fun! I can remember going through the car wash when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite things to do. I wonder if I've taken my kids through one?? Thanks for the memories!