Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pioneer Woman I'm Not

We got home today to a dark, hot house. Spent most of the day clearing up the yard and street. SO many branches and tree debris. Just one piece of siding peeled away...at the very top of the house, same place where it was replaced after Katrina, No big deal. The fridge was easy to clean thanks to the garbage bag trick. We cooked dinner on the propane BBQ. But now we are hot and bored and sitting at PJs cofeeshop trying to cool off. For some reason they have power here. The windows have condensation and it feels so good to be so cold! I don't want to go home! It will be nice to sleep in my own bed, but I'm afraid it will be so hot and humid that I won't be able to. Anyway, we hope to have power and cable and telephone and all that good stuff soon! I wouldn't make a good pioneer.

No comments: