Sunday, September 7, 2008

Evacuation Preoccupations


Or “What We Did While Waiting For Gustav To Go Away!

This time I was prepared for the boredom. As hard as it is to admit, while at Sam’s early last week, I spied and bought the first book in Stephanie Meyer’s Twilight series and placed it on top of a case of bottled water. Yes, I did. A vampire novel no less! Written for young adults. And not so well written at that. If I hadn’t have been so bored at our hotel in Jackson, I might not have persevered through the first few chapters. But it was raining outside. Then right about page 428 I found that I couldn’t put it down. So I read it until the end...and might just pick up the next book in the series!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Madeline,
Don't go buy the rest of the Twilight books, I own all of them.